Getting an optimum comfort does not end in buying and installing an air conditioning unit. Of course, you have to do the maintenance! There is a thing called “air conditioning DO’s and DON’Ts” that you should follow to maintain your unit’s best shape and to keep your comfort for years. Do your part by working closely with professional A/C technicians to ensure the performance and efficiency of your system and to guarantee its longer lifespan.
Here are the simple DO’s and DON’Ts of air conditioning maintenance you should follow:
Do’s for Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Do clear out the blockages in your outdoor condensing unit. Remove the nearby weak branches, trim the grass and leaves, and maintain a clear space around the unit. Clearing the yard will help your unit to dispel heat properly.
- Do change your air filters as necessary as possible to eradicate the allergens and airborne contaminants inside your home. If you are not sure about this, talk to the expert HVAC contractors to understand your air filter’s requirements.
- Do check your thermostat to make sure that it functions well. If you have a programmable thermostat, you can set or schedule the desired temperature to achieve optimal cooling efficiency.
- Do sign up for annual air conditioning maintenance. Talk to your HVAC contractor to know your cooling options or discuss your comfort needs.
- Do get professional maintenance from HVAC companies with years of experience in the industry and has the knowledge to tackle all your needs.
Don’ts for Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Don’t attempt to do the repair, replacement or maintenance of your air conditioning. DIY jobs do not guarantee desirable results, especially if you do not have the tools, knowledge, and enough experience.
- Don’t restore the refrigerant lines, electrical lines, and other connections in your unit.
- Don’t let your thermostat run out of batteries if it is battery-operated.
- Don’t leave all your cooling comfort needs to your air conditioner alone. Operating your system 24/7 can cause overheating of parts and high energy bill.
- Don’t skip your annual maintenance and inspection. Skipping them might result in inefficient operation and unpreventable break down in the future.
- Don’t let your air filter to get too dirty and clogged.
Expert A/C Maintenance in Memphis, TN and Nearby Areas
It is important that your air conditioning unit in Memphis, TN receives maintenance on a regular basis. By following our provided guidelines, you can achieve a trouble-free comfort and longer life for your unit. If you want to learn more about your air conditioner, Automatic Air Conditioning and Heating is here to educate you and offer preventive maintenance service for your unit. Call us today!