Portable heaters can warm up your cold office and keep your home comfortable throughout the winter months. You can bring them to places where you need heat the most. But is it safe to just pick whatever you think is appealing to your eyes? Definitely, not!
To ensure safety and efficiency, Automatic Air offers some must-know information facts and guidelines when buying a portable heater.
Types of Portable Heaters
Portable heaters are classified according to how they produce heat. Therefore, your choice will depend on your heating requirements.
- Panel Heater – This unit is free-standing and can be mounted on your walls. It includes fans to distribute the heat.
- Radiant Heater – This type of portable heater warms the oil inside the unit to generate heat. The oil does not need to be refilled.
- Infrared Heater – This one creates heat from its surface and the heat is released in the form of infrared energy.
- Ceramic Heater – This device uses a ceramic element to generate heat and it can also use a fan to disperse the heat.
- Fan Heater – This portable heater distributes heat using a fan.
What Do You Need to Consider When Buying a Portable Heater?
Know how you can use the heater so you can narrow down your searches and choices. Consider these three questions:
- Are you going to use the heater for temporary comfort or you need to keep the heat inside a room steadily? The type and size of a heater and the space of room should be considered when answering this.
- What is your noise tolerance? As heaters generate heat, they also create sounds. Decide what is appropriate by asking a product demonstration when buying.
- Do you need a gradual or an instant heat when using a portable heater? Take note that each heater has its own heating capability and performance, so choose the one that suits best to your needs.
Some Features of Portable Heaters
Portable heaters come with numerous features for heat distribution, safety, and operation. Some of them includes adjustable fan speed, digital setting so you can acquire steady temperature using your thermostat, oscillation for better heat distribution, automatic shutoff if your device tips over, child locks, cool-touching, and motion sensors that can automatically turn the heater off when it senses something getting close to it.
Don’t Freeze Up This Winter, Buy a Portable Heater that Fits You
Our team at Automatic Air Conditioning and Heating can help you decide which heater is best for your home and comfort demands this winter. We have a great selection of portable heaters and other comfort devices so you can stay warm throughout the cold season. Call us for more information.